OUR CAMPING PODS HAVE NOW REOPENED.
Being a small rural site set in a large outdoor space, Stanley Villa Farm Fishing & Camping is by default ideally placed to keep guests safe and provide well-spaced out accommodation.
Our number one rule has always been “to be respectful of fellow campers” and this message is more important now than ever.
Full safety measures are listed below.
Following the government guidelines, in order to help keep customers and staff safe, we’ve introduced the following measures:
- Check-in is contactless and outdoors. Staff will greet you in the car park – maintaining social distancing – then give you information on which Pod you’re in – the key for the Pod will be in the door ready for you.
- Check out is also contactless – we ask you simply to leave your Pod key in the door.
- Additional toilet units have been added to the site and are being cleaned on a more regular basis.
- Additional shower units have been added.
- Due to its size, the kitchen area can only be used by one person – or persons from the same household – at the same time. Signage will clearly advise this, and regular staff checks will be in place. A hand sanitiser unit will be in place and windows kept open to encourage ventilation.
- The main items in the kitchen such as the kettle, toaster and microwave will still be available for those who need them but will be cleaned more frequently and guests asked to use anti-bacterial wipes – which will be provided – before and after use – particularly on the handles/high touch point areas.
- Tea towels will no longer be provided – so please bring your own or use the disposable blue roll provided.
- Cutlery and crockery will no longer be provided, please either bring your own, or disposable sets can be purchased on site.
- The shared fridge/freezers will be in use. Fridges will be cleaned more frequently, and anti-bacterial wipes and a hand sanitiser will be available near them. Guests must place any food items in a sealed bag/container which must be labelled. Please either bring your own sealable bags or purchase from staff. Guests do not have to use the shared facilities, and may wish to bring their own cool box.
- All Camping Pods will have an even more thorough clean after each stay, and doors kept open between uses where possible to encourage ventilation.
- The office and shop area on site are to be used by staff only. There is an area outside the shop where customers can stand and make purchases. Contactless payments are encouraged.
- PPE including gloves and masks are available to staff.
WHAT TIME IS CHECK IN?
From 2 pm to 8.30 pm.
Please don’t arrive earlier than 2 pm as your Pod may not yet be ready and we don’t have space to store baggage.
Please contact us if you’ll be arriving later than 8.30 pm.
Early check from 12 pm is available to add on when booking directly on this website – £10 fee applies.
WHAT TIME IS CHECK OUT?
11 am. To check out simply leave your key in the Pod door.
Late check out until 12 pm is available to add on when booking directly on this website – £10 fee applies.
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING?
Everything that you’d normally bring on a camping trip except the tent. The most important thing to remember is your bedding (e.g. an under sheet, sleeping bags/duvets and pillows).
You’ll need to bring additional airbeds or roll mats if bringing children.
You’ll need to bring your own food and drink – although we do provide free tea, coffee and hot chocolate – apart from the milk. Fridge freezers are available to use in the main lodge – see above safety information for more details.
Outdoor chairs are handy to bring so you can sit around the campfire, although you can hire them on arrival for £3 per chair (for the duration of your stay).
A torch is a good idea as well (they can be purchased on site).
IS THERE ELECTRICITY/HEATING IN THE PODS?
No. It is still camping after all. But there is electricity in the nearby lodge. Battery packs for phone charging are available to hire for £5. There is now 6 Pods with radiators in them – these are hard wired in and cannot be unplugged.
WHAT’S IN THE PODS?
2 single beds and mattresses and a battery-powered lantern. Doors are lockable with an individual key. You do need to bring your own bedding and any additional airbeds/mats/cots if bringing children. You can fit up to a double airbed in the Pods if you put the existing beds in an ‘L’ shape.
CAN I HAVE A CAMPFIRE/BBQ?
Yes. Each Pod comes with its own fire pit.
We sell firewood packages with everything you need for £10.00 – visit our Pods page for more information.
BBQs: We sell disposable BBQs for £4 standard or £8 large. We also provide bricks to put them on.
CAN I BOOK PODS NEXT TO EACH OTHER & HOW DO I BOOK MORE THAN 1 POD?
Yes, if you book more than 1 Pod, we’ll automatically make sure they’re together. You don’t need to contact us to ask.
To book more than one Pod, click the Book Now button and select your date, then click confirm and continue. Click book now – select your arrival time and add on’s – then an option will come up ‘Add another room’; just click that and then ‘Book Now’.
HOW MANY PODS CAN I BOOK?
You can book a maximum of 3 Pods total. We don’t allow large groups or single-sex groups. We don’t allow heavy drinking and we have a noise cut off time of 9.30 pm, and a ‘no sitting out past 11 pm’ policy. This makes for a peaceful stay and a pleasant relaxed atmosphere for all.
CAN DOGS COME ALONG?
Yes, dogs are welcome. You just need to make sure they’re well behaved (friendly with others and not constantly barking), kept on a lead at all times, picked up after and never left unattended in a Pod. A surcharge of £5 per dog, per night applies – this can be added on when booking via the website. Guide dogs – no charge.
CAN I FISH IN THE LAKE?
Yes. You just need to bring your own gear and have a fishing licence. More information can be found on the ‘Fishing‘ page of the website. Fishing is £5 for a day ticket when camping with us and can be purchased on the day.
WHAT IS THERE TO DO?
Visit the ‘Things To Do’ menu at the top of the website – there’s loads of ideas and recommendations on things to do onsite, nearby attractions, and food and drink.
We have ample space in our free car park, close to the Pods. The most you’d have to walk is around 30 seconds.
We aim to be as accessible as possible and welcome guests in wheelchairs. For a full access statement please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org – We can also allocate you Pod 21 which is nearest to the facilities. The facilities building includes ramps and grab bars in the wc.
Anything we missed or that isn’t covered above – please feel free to email our friendly team: email@example.com
CAN I BUY A GIFT VOUCHER?
Yes – just click here for more details